Saturday, October 20, 2007

Great New Releases: Aretha Franklin "Rare and Unreleased"



New This Month from Rhino...

Aretha Franklin: Rare and Unreleased
A treasure trove of vintage and previously unissued demos, outtakes, and B-sides from the Queen of Soul's Atlantic years, spanning 1966-1973. Produced by the legendary Jerry Wexler! Highlights include the Dr. Feelgood, Sweet Bitter Love, and I Never Loved A Man (The Way I Loved You) demos, plus 3 songs from the historic Young, Gifted and Black sessions, and the unedited take of the Aretha-penned classic Rock Steady.

Get it Now at Amazon

TRACKS:
Disc 1- 1. I Never Loved a Man (The Way I Love You) [#][Demo Version] 2. Dr. Feelgood (Love Is a Serious Business) [#][Demo Version] 3. Sweet Bitter Love [#][Demo Version] 4. It Was You [#][Outtake] 5. Letter [#][Outtake] 6. So Soon [#][Outtake] 7. Mr. Big [#][Outtake] 8. Talk to Me, Talk to Me [#][Outtake] 9. Fool on the Hill [#][Outtake] 10. Pledging My Love/The Clock [Single B-Side] 11. You're Talking Up Another Man's Place [Outtake] 12. You Keep Me Hangin' On [#][Outtake] 13. I'm Trying to Overcome [#][Outtake] 14. My Way [Outtake] 15. My Cup Runneth Over [#][Outtake] 16. You're All I Need to Get By [Take 1][#] 17. You're All I Need to Get By [Take 2][#] 18. Lean on Me [Single B-Side]

Disc 2- 1. Rock Steady [Alternate Mix - Outtake] 2. I Need a Strong Man (The To-To Song) [#][Outtake] 3. Heavenly Father [#][Outtake] 4. Sweetest Smile and the Funkiest Style [#][Outtake] 5. This Is [#][Outtake] 6. Tree of Life [#][Outtake] 7. Do You Know [#][Outtake] 8. Can You Love Again [#][Outtake] 9. I Want to Be with You [#][Outtake] 10. Suzanne [#][Outtake] 11. That's the Way I Feel About Cha [Alternate Version - Outtake] 12. Ain't But the One [#] - Ray Charles, Aretha Franklin 13. Happy Blues [#][Outtake] 14. At Last [#][Outtake] 15. Love Letters [#][Outtake] 16. I'm in Love [Alternate Vocal - Outtake] 17. Are You Leaving Me [#][Demo Version]

No comments: